3 Pack of our 3 grades of liquid cyanoacrylate. 3 20g bottles of low, medium and high viscosity. Perfectly suited to a variety of tasks in fossil, mineral and rock conservation and preparation.
Supplied with 6 precision applicators.
1X LOW VISCOSITY (20g)
Low viscosity superglue for consolidation and stabilising cracks in rocks, fossils and minerals. This is a very low viscosity cyanoacrylate (very close to the viscosity of water). Sets in seconds.
- Perfectly suited for permanent consolidation and stabilisation of rocks, fossils and minerals, plasticising the any pore it gets into. It utilizes wicking or capillary action for deep penetration into small cracks and any porous rock – i.e. it pulls itself into small spaces.
- Ideal for use when joining extremely closely fitting parts and smooth, even surfaces.
- Great for consolidating hairline fractures or holding thin, flaky material in place during the process of fossil preparation.
- Can also be used to help prevent pyrite decay by sealing a fossil from the atmosphere via minute pore fill to prevent further oxidation and therefore pyrite decay.
1X MEDIUM VISCOSITY (20g)
A structural adhesive for industrial-strength general purpose bonding. This high-performance medium viscosity cyanoacrylate is a great all-rounder for joining surfaces together. This is one of the most useful and versatile superglues to have on hand.
- Fast setting
- Strong and durable
- Suitable for both porous and absorbent matrices, with some gap filling properties – it will fill small pores along the join.
- Can be used to penetrate narrow gaps or bond closely fitted parts.
- 120 cP viscosity which is approximately the same as a thin motor oil.
1X HIGH VISCOSITY (20g)
A structural adhesive for industrial-strength bonding where run-off needs to be controlled.
- A high viscosity cyanoacrylate is particularly useful for pore and gap filling
- Use where it is necessary to prevent the glue from running or spreading.
- Suitable for long-lasting repairs and for bonding very porous surfaces.
- Rapid setting, but a slightly slower set time than the medium and low viscosities allowing a few seconds for alignment of pieces. Spray with our Quick-Set Superglue Activator once you are happy with the position to set instantaneously.
- Fills wider cracks and holes where necessary.
- 1500 cP viscosity which is approximately the same as gloss paint.
All surfaces to be bonded must be clean, dry, oil and grease free. Apply to one surface only and bring together immediately. Once aligned and set, the components cannot be reset without debonder. Activator can be purchased separately to instantly set glue. Full cure after 24 hours.